4.04.2011

remember when i almost died??!

Okay, so maybe i'm being a little dramatic... but there were A LOT of things that could have gone VERY VERY wrong this morning that would have resulted in some serious injuries.

I was driving up to Park City this morning with my friend Pam to go snowboarding, when all of the sudden this HUGE sheet of ice slid off the roof of the diesel truck driving in front of us.... And i'm talking huge, like the size of a door... so, I try to shift into the other lane to avoid getting hit, when all of the sudden, WHAM, ice and glass everywhere. Pam and I were both in shock. I pull over to the side of the road, put the car and park, and look at Pam... we are both shaking, covered in glass, thinking to ourselves, "what the heck just happened?"

Luckily neither one of us were hurt... but the highway patrol guy who helped us said that 5 min before they saw us, he and his partner had been talking about a kid in Logan that got killed from the same thing a year ago, and they thought we were for sure going to be goners. The ice hit the top of my car and dented the roof a little bit, so maybe that saved us from getting our heads cut off... I don't know, but it scares me just to think about it. SO CRAZY Someone must have been watching out for us...

I'm just really happy to be alive.
(and maybe a little sad my powder day got ruined)
IMG_3293 IMG_3296 IMG_3297 IMG_3313 IMG_3315

3 comments:

Tristen said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm SO glad you were okay! So scary, or at least it could have been so horrible. Thank goodness it ended up being okay. Sorry about the smashed car!

Kristin Rose Davis said...

ummm scary! i'm glad you're alive!

girluntitled said...

whoa...i woulda definitely pooped a brick! i'm glad you're ok!