4.24.2011

happy easter

Yesterday Holly, Megan, and their mom Cindy invited me to go with them to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. His paintings were all beautiful and it was so cool to see them this Easter weekend. I love Easter because it always comes on or around General Conference and its nice to have so many reminders of why all of us really are here. Its easy to get caught up in the mundane activities of life, but if we center our lives on Christ we will experience more joy than we thought possible. A lot of times I tell myself I am too busy to do the little things... but I think its the little things that make our lives simple. If we clear our heads each day and invite the spirit into our lives through scripture study and prayer, we will become happier and more productive, and grow closer to becoming the person we were meant to become. I have a long ways to go, and a lot to work on but I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel, for the love and sacrifice of our Savior, and for the opportunity we all have to repent and return to live with our Heavenly Father again, someday.


Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
(3 Nephi 11:10-14)

No comments: