1.20.2013

My favorite time of year

Here's a few pictures from our December... It was so cold outside that most of the time we just opted to stay at our house and stay warm, but a few times we braved the weather and got to do some neat stuff. 
 I don't know how I never knew about this before, but Payson, UT  has a pond... and at Christmas time they decorate it with floating trees... It is magical.  We only lasted about 5 minutes outside, but it was neat to be there.

 We also got to babysit these rock stars for a night... and they made some pretty rad gingerbread houses.  Lennon and Holden are the greatest

 And I talked enough about Temple Square that Chris finally took me up to see the lights.  Its one of my favorite things about living in Utah during the holidays.  Its beautiful.  Chris also too me to see The Forgotten Carols for the first time.  So glad we have a chance to celebrate the birth of Christ and remember why we are all here... 
 And this beauty is our first Christmas tree... Ha ha... hopefully I'll do a little better next year. 
Our Christmas was great though... I was sick so it was pretty uneventful, but Chris was a gem and took really good care of me.  We ended up having mac and cheese and hot dogs for Christmas Eve dinner... (Super embarrassing, but funny enough that it needs to be written down).  But we didn't forget the sparkling cider.  We are real classy in this household.  Hopefully I'll be able to pull off a better Christmas next year :)

No comments: