10.15.2014

A Visit to Mobile and the USS Alabama

When we got to Mississippi, we had a few weeks to settle in before Chris started school.  During that time we took a couple of day trips to explore the south and one of them took us to Mobile to see the USS Alabama.  Chris had grown up visiting ships like this one with his dad and he was like a kid in a candy store walking around that thing.  I on the other-hand, got a tad bit claustrophobic with the heat and humidity in such tight quarters.  It was pretty cool to see the ship though and read about its history and the veterans who served on that ship.  I'm so grateful for the freedom we have and for all the men and women who have served and fought so courageously for our country.




We got to walk around in this submarine too and look at some old planes.  I thought being on this ship would be hard... but I can't even imagine being in a submarine.  
Hazel got a little tuckered out in the heat.
I love this picture of Hazel with Chris.  She hardly ever cuddles like this, unless she is super tired and her dad is holding her.  She loves him oh so much and I'm pretty lucky to have both of them in my life. 

No comments: