10.10.2014

Doheny

This year the Foster clan had our reunion at Doheny State Beach instead of our usual San Clamente... It was fun to camp at a different beach, and I appreciated not having to carry Hazel and all our stuff up and down the GIANT hill at SC.  The nieces and nephews had so much fun running around and playing games with Grandma.  We had fun too, but I think Hazel and I both will appreciate camping trips like this when she is a little older and actually knows what is going on.  Ha!


It was actually our 2 year anniversary while we were camping... Chris and I were able to sneak away and get dinner together while my mom watched Hazel(first time with just the two of us since she was born). I'm so lucky I got to marry my best friend.  He's the greatest there is and I often wonder what I did to score such a rad husband.

Our campsite was off a little ways from the rest of the family's.  I didn't want to bother everyone with a crying baby in the middle of the night (although, now that I think about it Hazel was sleeping through the night back then... that was heavenly).  Our campsite was about 30 feet away from the train tracks... which basically means, we felt like we were sleeping ON the train tracks every night when the train rolled through at 1 am.  Thankfully Hazel slept through it.  Its funny how I grew up thinking I was a big camper because we would go camping at the beach twice a year... but now that I am grown I realize that California beach "camping" is NOTHING like actually camping.  But hey, I won't complain about public restrooms, showers, and the Del Taco across the street.  Not to mention, falling asleep to the sound of the ocean... I mean train.
Sleeping babes



 Another perk of camping at the beach in California, is your High School friends will come visit you!  Lindsay drove up from San Diego to hang out with me and Hazel.. and she bought Hazel the CUTEST pink dinosaur bathing suit!!!
Needless to say, I think we all had a good time.
Adorable, right?!

No comments: