6.01.2011

st. thomas

So, I finally took advantage of my flight benefits and went somewhere I had never been before:
St. Thomas
...
it was awesome!!! My mom and I went out together (my poor dad didn't get on the flight... thanks to the disadvantages of flying standby) for a couple of days and had SO MUCH FUN.

IMG_0144
st. thomas is beautiful (almost as pretty as my lovely mother)

IMG_3610
this was the view from our hotel

IMG_3694
they drive on the other side of the street there... and my mom and i only had ONE near death experience :)

IMG_3619


IMG_0125
we found the best beach on the island... hardly anyone was there and we got to snorkel, and lay out, and swim and read under the beautiful caribbean sun.

IMG_3650

IMG_3628


IMG_3698
we ate lots of good food,

IMG_3689
saw a lot of really beautiful beaches,

IMG_3692
and we even found a house we wanted to buy...

IMG_3686
so that we could do THIS all day :)

IMG_3666


IMG_0133
we ate pizza on the beach

IMG_0132


IMG_3676
sunburned our white white bods,

IMG_0142
and had a brilliant time.

getting home on standby turned out to be a little tricky... silly me, forgot about memorial day weekend and lots of flights were full. it only took us 24 hours to get home, no big deal...
ha ha! but it was worth every second of it! Mom, thanks for sweating in that hot humid air with me... and dad, we were really sorry you couldn't be there with us :(

Anyway, we had ourselves a great time, but are happy to be home. And we LOVED St. Thomas!!!

No comments: