1.18.2011

some thoughts

1. Remind me again why i'm NOT living in California??! I went to San Francisco last weekend (pictures coming soon) and it was beautiful and sunny and I couldn't remember why I thought it was a good idea to move to Salt Lake. I also got to ride a bike across the golden gate bridge on that beautiful and sunny day and I am now in love with road bikes. I'm saving up and i'm going to buy one. And then i'm going to become a triathlete... and then i'm going to bike down the coast of California... (and get really skinny while i'm at it).

2. I'm so glad I have snowboarding to get me through the winter. Even though I HATE the cold, I do love snowboarding... and i'm glad I got a season pass this year. I've been able to go up a few times in the last couple of weeks and its been AMAZING. I'm not good by any means, but something about riding super fast down the face of a mountain of snow kind of makes me giddy inside.

3. Sometimes I still can't believe I'm a flight attendant. I was in Pasco, WA the other night, walking from the plane to the airport and I thought to myself, "This is so weird. I'm in some random city, with three people I hardly know and who I'll be spending the next 4 days with... and I'm a flight attendant??? Weird." I'm not sure how I ended up doing this, but I think its pretty radical. It may not be the most prestigious job in the world, but I think its pretty neat for now.

4. Really, 15??? So, the other flight attendant and pilot went to the hotel bar/restaurant tonight to grab some drinks. I met up with them after they'd been there for a bit to get a diet coke and get out of my hotel room for a little while. Well, they were chatting with an older fellow when i got there so naturally, he and I struck up a conversation when I joined the group. He was a nice man, from atlanta, doing some science research at a local university. I can't remember exactly what the he said but I could tell he thought I was younger because he made some comment about the Diet Coke I ordered (like I wasn't old enough to drink or something). He later asked how old I was, and when I said I'd be turning 25 next month, he LAUGHED OUT LOUD from the shock. "How old did you think I was," I asked. And he quickly responded, "15." REALLY??! 15 years old!! I look like a SOPHOMORE in High School??!!! OH geez.


4 comments:

Kristin Rose Davis said...

it's ok boobie, someone thought i was like 15 the other day too.

Clark said...

It is way better to look young than to look old. Way Way Way better. When are you coming out here again?

Janelle said...

soon i hope! i was thinking maybe end of feb???

Julianne said...

Janelle, I recently bought a road bike. And I want to bike the coast of California. Why aren't we doing this together?