8.31.2014

A Baby Blessing

Chris' family came out to visit at the end of May so we decided to bless Hazel while they were here.  Jane and Amanda were able to come for a whole week and Richard came for the weekend of Hazel's blessing.  It was so fun to have them in town.  Hazel definitely got spoiled by her grandparents and aunts and uncles... Aunt Amanda was especially good with her and Grandma Jane got to sneak in some time with her in between making dinner for all of us and taking care of everyone. 
My parents and sister Rachelle were able to come up for the blessing too.  Its always nice to have more family around.  Chris and I lucked out in the family department.  And there is something about starting a family of your own that makes you love and appreciate your own parents and siblings even more.  Puts it all in perspective I guess.  My mom actually made Hazel's blessing dress.  It is from the same material that my wedding dress was made out of so it is extra special.  My mom is the best for making this for baby girl.
Grandma Jane made the most adorable dandelion blanket for Hazel too.  It couldn't have been more perfect and it must have taken hours to finish.  Hazel is one lucky little lady to have 2 amazing Grandmas who are so so talented and lover her to pieces. 



The Hairs
The Fosters
Four Generation picture with Hazel, Chris, Grandpa Richard, and Great Grandpa Al
Love my little family so much.  I'm so grateful for such an amazing husband.  He did a great job on the blessing and Hazel is so lucky to have him as dad. 

No comments: