9.21.2009

mykanos

I've been in hawaii for the last two weeks, so i never got to finish blogging about my amazing trip. the last island we went to was mykanos. i was only there for a day, so i didn't get to see too much of it, but it was pretty amazing. The wind there is insane.

me at the port...
we had no plan as to where we would stay when we got here. we were just walking around somewhat aimlessly, when a lady pulled up in a little car, asked us if we needed a place to stay, and then took us to a lovely little hotel, right by the port.


windmills!!!

jess consulting the map

paradise beach... who knew it was going to be a gay/lesbian club???

mykanos is so windy!

just having a light conversation at our hotel

we are there!

our trip ALMOST ended flawlessly, until we waited at the port for FOUR HOURS for my ferry to arrive. apparently, everyone in Mykanos knew that my boat was coming at 8:30 am rather than 5am, except us! I left a few days earlier than jess so I had a lovely 50 hour travel day all to myself. It started with a ferry from mykanos to athens... then a flight from athens to london... then switching airports, and flying from london to NYC... oh the joys of traveling cheap.

No comments: